Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A new meaning for "Glow Worms"



I used to always associate glow worms with this:



After a 15 minute drive from our backpacker's hostel in Rotorua, we parked in a dark lot at nearly 12am and walked towards rushing falls. Once our light shone on the rushing water, we realized how dangerous this area was at night. We stood on the steps in the dark. We turned off our flashlights, let our eyes adjust and there appeared tiny little speckles of glow worms. Another once in a lifetime opportunity and a first in my life.


2 comments:

  1. wow! interesting. I'm like you, that little glow in the dark toy was a glow worm for me. Never even thought about the real thing. Actually, I remember, while we were still living in Serbia getting a glow worm toy from your mom:):)

    ReplyDelete